Our Pre-School curriculum is based on a multiple level approach developed with a theme that will be presented and taught in various ways reflecting the eight intelligence identified by child Psychologists, Howard Gardner. Our curriculum will emphasize the works of Dr. Howard Gardner and have programs built around his theories on multiple intelligence. Dr. Gardner was the first to point out that popular theories of a singular intelligence quotient as measured by IQ tests were too narrow to capture people’s many abilities. IQ tests typically test only a child’s linguistic and mathematical abilities. Gardner identified eight important intelligence types that individuals possess to varying degrees, and believed that each area was one in which emphasis should be placed in teaching.
- Linguistic (word smart)
- Mathematical (number smart)
- Spatial (spatial, graphic design, architecture, builder)
- Bodily-kinesthetic (body smart-actor, dancer, athlete)
- Musical (music smart-recall melodies, tonal patterns)
- Naturalist (nature smart)
- Interpersonal (people smart-easily perceives, moods, motivations of others)
- Intrapersonal (self smart-self aware, knows limitations and strengths)
Wiz Kids Early Learning Center will adopt Howard Gardner’s theories, learning centers will be designed to appeal to the range of intelligence types as are the activities used. Children will be given the opportunity to approach learning through one of their higher ability levels and practice learning through a range of modalities. As with the other theories, children are viewed as capable and intelligent.
Our Daycare curriculum is structured in such a way that every child will be encouraged to learn and flourish in their unique way.